Sunday, March 6, 2011

Zoo trip

I found out there was a free day at the zoo on Wednesday and since it was february I thought it wouldn't be too crowded, but I was wrong, There were tons of people but we had fun anyway. This is a classic Hogle zoo picture. Alyssa is the size of a female gorilla and megan is the size of an child, except for the arms.
They were yelling at the peacock to make his tail big, but he wouldn't listen.
This was the smallest gorilla so I told Megan that it was the baby and the lady next to me turns and says, "thats not the baby that's coco (or whatever its name was)." Seriously, I don't care what the monkeys name is and I don't care that it isn't a baby, and it doesn't make you cool to know the monkeys name it makes you crazy.
The train was closed because of the weather so we had to make due with a merry go round. (they are only called carousells if they have just horses, if they have lots of different animals they are merry go rounds-I thought that was interesting)

With all the different animals at the zoo, alyssa liked this cat best. Even after I told ther the snow lepord was the bad guy from kung foo panda
found out the giraffs have 25 lb hearts, the human heart doesn't even weigh one pound.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I had no idea that giraffe hearts were that big - how cool! I wish I knew about a free zoo day around here, what a fun outing!

Becky said...

That is a big heart. Our zoo doesn't have a giraffe, but I bet the boys would think it was cool. It is still too cold here for me to consider going to the zoo!