Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First day of Kindergarten

Alyssa has been so excited about going to school, she goes to the pm kindergarten and the school is only a few blocks away so we are planning on walking a lot of the time. Apparently there is a bus that takes her before school, but I can't figure out where or when it picks her up, maybe we will eventually figure it out.
Here is my attempt at staging the picture, unfortunately we don't have a printer so I had to write the sign by hand, there are better signs out there but this was the best I could do.
She is growing up so quick.


Although we didn't ride her bike to school today because Caleb wanted to come and he didn't have enough time during lunch, she will ride her bike most days.

It was a little unorganized at the school. they had the kids meet in the auditorium and then go with their teachers, I'm not really sure why.
Here she is surrounded by boys already.



Of course Megan was there and got quite upset until I took her picture too.

I've been feeling crafty lately and my usual cross stitch hasn't fulfilled my need so I've been branching out. Here is the pencil vase I made with some subway art that I found online.

4 comments:

Hamblin of Jerusalem said...

Alyssa is awesome! And so is Megan! And so is Karen!

The Bell Family said...

Awww she looks so cute, as does Megan! Looks like she was all ready to go!

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

Hard to believe you have a child in KINDERGARTEN! When did we start getting old?!? :) Congrats. I'm glad Alyssa is so excited!

Chelsea said...

Oooh, exciting!! Yay for Alyssa!! And I like your art, I can understand the need for doing something creative (although I don't have a long enough attention span for cross stitching)