Monday, January 19, 2009

Portland

We are finally here and starting to get set up. My mom and I drove out together and then she had to fly back the next day but it was really nice to have someone to talk to and help with the kids. I've started to learn the streets a little bit and have ventured out on my own some, but I'm still pretty lost. We went to a movie on Saturday for my birthday and also got a great sandwich from this really nice store. We saw 'City of Ember' which wasn't great but not bad either but the best part was we found a dollar theater (actually $2.50 but still cheap). The kids are a little young to really know what is going on but Alyssa has had fun seeing new parks and lots of people have dogs so we have to stop and pet them along the way. Caleb and his parents have been marketing like crazy getting ready for a great tax season I feel bad for Caleb because he is not home very much and if he is home then he is sleeping because he is working so hard. Life is starting to settle down, we are still in a one bedroom waiting for the people to move out of the two bedroom, we have seen two moving vans throughout the week, but they just keep bringing out more stuff so hopefully we will be moving in soon so we can actually unpack our stuff.

3 comments:

Becky said...

That dollar theater is a great find. Sorry that those people haven't moved out yet, I figured you all were now comfortably settled in your 2 bedroom. Do you like the apartment? Hopefully I can talk to you soon!

Chelsea said...

I am SO excited for you guys to be getting settled! I wondered when it would start happening, although it stinks you aren't in your apartment yet. I can't wait to see pictures of everything! And I can completely relate to the husband getting busy with tax season bit... we'll have to talk while our hubbies are crunching numbers (:

Becky said...

so your mom said something about a townhouse. are you guys going to move into that one?