Monday, January 16, 2012

Snow!!

I really didn't think there would be any snow this year, just rain, but I was delighted when we woke up one morning to SNOW!! The girls were so excited and started to get ready to go out at 7:30, but I made them wait till 8:30, and even though there was barely an inch of snow they had a great time.
We went over to a friends house and went sledding on their 'hill' which was maybe 3 feet tall, but they didn't care.

I told the girls to smile nice and this is what I got, I guess I should be grateful they sat still at all.

Snow angles!

After playing with friends we went inside for a hot chocolate break and then it was back out into the snow. We built an awesome snowman which the girls decided was Mrs. Claus because she had eye brows.


Then we went to a slightly bigger hill for more sledding. I thought the hill would be all torn up because it is practically the only hill in the neighborhood but no one else had touched it. Caleb was on his way home from a weekend in Portland but he showed up for the last 5 minutes.

The next day Caleb took the girls sledding again in the morning and then they played in the front of our house for another hour and a half after lunch. I thought they would be sick of snow by now but Alyssa said "I can't wait to play in the snow tomorrow" when I was putting her to bed, unfortunately she is back to school tomorrow.

3 comments:

The Bell Family said...

Well who would have thought that you would have more snow than us out here in Utah! Glad that the girls had fun!

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

Looks like fun! I could really go for a snow day right now too. :) What are the chances of that in NC?

Hamblin of Jerusalem said...

So cute and fun! I wish I was there to sled with them!